Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Great Teacher

I want to introduce you to Randy Pausch, who was introduced to me online yesterday. He's the most powerful walking promotion for tenacity, gratitude, and making the most out of each day that I've seen or heard in a very long time. All of those are qualities important, maybe essential to the task of TAB.

Randy's a brilliant Carnegie Mellon professor dying of pancreatic cancer at 47. He gave a last lecture recently to his campus family and -- well, just check it out. Through his website he gives you access to an 4-minute "trailer" of sorts or the full 1 hr 25 minute version. I don't have time for videos that long online. For some reason I made time for this one, and I'm glad I did. It's remarkably wise, fun and un-maudlin. Check it out. See what you make of his Brick Wall.

No comments: