Monday, February 2, 2009

Are we making any progress


It all looks so dumb to me, this snarling at other folks who care about the future and the planet as much as you and I do, because... well, that's where I get stuck. How come we take our eye off the ball so easily whenever we get dinged? It's a mystery--until I'm the one who gets dinged.
"Take nothing personally-- least of all ourselves!" You remember where that's from? And what do you suppose could happen if we all took that advice?
It's a stunning thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should have apologized humbly for the use of the word stupid.

Just as you suggest to your reader that he could have come up with a different approach, so too could you.

Since you are the only one who really cares, then show that care rather than hide it behind defense.

Read the course in miracles, which though written in a way that may be hard for many to digest in our day in age, contains under the verbiage a lesson in the miracle of no longer taking oneself seriously.

As before I welcome a discussion with you Jeff, wishhorse@msn.com.

Keep up your earnest work, it does make a difference.

Dea Anna McConnell