Monday, August 27, 2007

Standing up

I think I may have already cited YES! Magazine and the Positive Futures Network as magnificent resources for the work of taking America back. Their coverage of wonderful community-building work around the world is blasting big holes on the implicit social/poltical myth that the way we're doing things in this country is pretty much the only "realistic" way to do them. Well, no, each issue of YES! proves, in fact that's not true at all.

The current edition of YES! grabs the horns of the Big One. It's theme is "Stand Up to Corporate Power." That's more combative than some of the uplifting citizenship-building stuff that I'd like to see us sharing on this forum. Does that make it a turn-off for some people who want to take their country back. I hope not, because we're not getting anything back if we can't grapple with this hard reality. Check it out and let me know what you think.

No comments: